Terms and Conditions and Customer Information
I. General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Basic provisions
(1) The following terms and conditions apply to contracts concluded with us as the provider (Gerhard Thes) via the website www.flashfire-opals.de. Unless otherwise agreed, the inclusion of any terms and conditions of your own use is contradicted.
(2) A consumer within the meaning of the following regulations is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that can be attributed predominantly neither to their commercial nor to their independent professional activity. An entrepreneur is any natural or legal person or a legal partnership that, when entering into a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of its independent professional or commercial activity.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject of the contract is the sale of goods.
(2) Already with the setting of the respective product on our website, we make you a binding offer to conclude a contract for the conditions specified in the item description.
(3) The contract is concluded via the online shopping cart system as follows:
The goods intended for purchase are stored in the "shopping cart". Via the corresponding button in the navigation bar, you can call up the "shopping cart" and make changes there at any time.
After accessing the "Cashier" page and entering the personal data as well as the terms of payment and shipping, all order data will be displayed on the order summary page.
Insofar as you use an instant payment system (eg PayPal / PayPal Express, Amazon Payments, Immediately) as payment method, you will either be directed to the order overview page in our online shop or you will first be redirected to the website of the provider of the instant payment system.
If the forwarding to the respective instant payment system takes place, make the appropriate selection or input of your data there. Finally, you will be directed back to our online shop on the order overview page.
Before submitting the order, you have the opportunity to review all information here again, to change (also via the function "back" of the Internet browser) or cancel the purchase.
By submitting the order via the button "buy" you declare legally binding the acceptance of the offer, whereby the contract comes about.
(4) Your requests to make an offer are not binding for you. We will make you a binding offer in text form (for example by e-mail), which you can accept within 5 days.
(5) The processing of the order and the transmission of all information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract is partly automated by e-mail. You therefore have to ensure that the e-mail address you provide us with is correct, that the receipt of the e-mails is technically ensured and, in particular, that no SPAM filters prevent this.
§ 3 Right of retention, retention of title
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if it concerns claims from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until full payment of the purchase price.
§ 4 Warranty
(1) The statutory warranty rights exist.
(2) As a consumer, you are requested to check the item immediately upon delivery for completeness, obvious defects and damage in transit and to notify us and the forwarder of any complaints as soon as possible. If you do not comply with this, this does not affect your statutory warranty claims.
§ 5 Choice of law
(1) German law applies. For consumers, this choice of law applies only to the extent that this does not remove the protection afforded by mandatory provisions of the law of the state of the consumer's habitual residence (favorable principle).
(2) The provisions of the UN Sales Convention explicitly do not apply.
II. Customer information
1. Identity of the seller
Telefon: + 08142504290
Alternative dispute resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for out-of-court online dispute resolution (OS platform), available at https://ec.europa.eu/odr
2. Information about the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps to conclude the contract, the conclusion of the contract itself and the correction options are made in accordance with the regulations "Conclusion of the contract" of our General Terms and Conditions (Part I.).
3. Contract language, contract text storage
3.1. Contract language is German.
3.2. The complete contract text will not be saved by us. Before submitting the order via the online shopping cart system, the contract data can be printed out or saved electronically using the browser's print function. After the order has been received by us, the order data, the legally required information for distance contracts and the general terms and conditions will be sent to you by e-mail.
3.3. In the case of requests for quotations outside of the online shopping cart system, you will receive all contract data in the form of a binding offer in text form, e.g. by e-mail, which you can print or electronically secure.
4. Codes of conduct
4.1. We have subjected ourselves to the buyer seal quality criteria of Händlerbund Management AG and, as a result, the Ecommerce Europe Trustmark Code of Conduct, available at: https://www.haendlerbund.de/images/content/kaeufersiegel/kaeufersiegel-qualitatskriterien.pdf and https://www.ecommercetrustmark.eu/the-code-of-conduct/
5. Essential features of the product or service
The essential characteristics of the product and / or service can be found in the respective offer.
6. Prices and payment methods
6.1. The prices quoted in the respective offers as well as the shipping costs are total prices. They include all price components including all applicable taxes.
6.2. The shipping costs are not included in the purchase price. They can be called up via an appropriately designated button on our website or in the respective offer, will be shown separately in the course of the order process and are to be borne by you in addition, unless the free shipping delivery is promised.
6.3. If the delivery to countries outside the European Union, we may be responsible for other costs, such. Customs duties, taxes or money transfer fees (bank transfer or exchange rate charges) to be borne by you.
6.4. Any costs incurred in transferring funds (bank transfer or exchange rate charges) must be borne by you in cases where the delivery is made to an EU member state but the payment was initiated outside the European Union.
6.5. The payment methods available to you are shown under a corresponding button on our website or in the respective offer.
6.6. Unless otherwise stated in the individual payment methods, the payment entitlements under the contract are immediately due for payment.
7. Delivery conditions
7.1. The terms of delivery, the delivery date and any existing delivery restrictions can be found under a corresponding button on our website or in the respective offer.
7.2. Insofar as you are a consumer, it is regulated by law that the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the goods sold will only be transferred to you upon delivery of the goods during the shipment, irrespective of whether the shipment is insured or uninsured. This does not apply if you have independently commissioned a carrier not designated by the entrepreneur or any other person designated to carry out the shipment.
8. Legal Right of Liability
The liability for defects is governed by the "Warranty" regulation in our General Terms and Conditions (Part I).
These GTC and customer information were created by lawyers specialized in IT law of the dealer federation and are permanently checked for legal compliance. The Händlerbund Management AG guarantees the legal certainty of the texts and is liable in case of warnings. Further information can be found at: https://www.haendlerbund.de/agb-service
last update: 23.10.2019